Monday, May 6, 2013

Some More Baptisms, and Learning to Understand Tongan

Kia Ora Whanau ko Ehoa!

This week has been great! I have loved all of the work this Ward has. It has been great! We have 3 baptisms this upcoming week, and most likely 3 to follow in the coming weeks. We have 4 in total set for this month, but 2 more shaky sets. The district is also doing good! We have many investigators coming to church. 


Everybody is this district has great potential. It is really awesome. :-) The only downside to having this great district is that I have no more time at night to write in my journal. Lol... I quickly quickly run out of time. However, I manage. I have only missed one day in my journal, and that was because I was out of the house from 5:45am till 9:10pm. So... That was a long day up in Auckland. Lol... No worries. I enjoyed it.

My companion, E. Vakameilalo (E. Vaka for short) is doing great. He inspires me and helps me to achieve my purpose, which is to Talk with Everyone (TWE), Strive to become a Preach My Gospel Missionary, and to seek to be obedient with exactness. We did much better than I ever have with TWE this week. There are so many wonderful people in the city of Hamilton to talk with. The Lord is really blessing us for doing what we should be doing, 20 TWE every day.

Our Sets for this weekend are Steve and Natalie, a couple that has been investigating the church for a long time. They have been really sincerely seeking the truth. And they've found it, and they are wasting no time in getting baptized. The other is Bro Ta'e'iloa, a Tongan minister for another church. His wife has always been a member, and his kids were baptized, starting with the earliest, 2 years ago, and the rest in December. So, he has been "investigating" the church for 2+ years. His three kids were so happy to see him baptized. I haven't understood 85% of what is said in the lessons, since it's Tongan. My companion just takes the lead, and I either try to listen and figure it out, but I usually get put to sleep by their constant chatter. Lol... So, missionary work is tiring if you have no idea what's going on. Lol... But, I did stay awake during my first lesson with him, because the Spirit was just pumping in that room. Everything that was going on in the room was so Spirit filled. They all bore their testimonies, and it turned into one big tear fest spiritual filled with love. 

It was great.

Anyways, I have to get going, but I love you all!

Love, 

E. Staheli!

No pictures today, the camera won't show up on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment