Monday, April 29, 2013

Transferred! Jonelle's baptism, New district, E. Oaks!

Kia Ora!
This week has been really good!
I have been transferred to Hamilton East! (It's literally like 30ks from Ngaruawahia). I didn't get to see Jonelle's baptism, but one of the members of the bishopric emailed me and told me that it went through and that it was really great. 

My new companion is E. Vakameilalo, an Elder from Tonga! He was actually companion's with E. Ngalu, my other Tongan companion. Any who. I don't have any pictures of us yet. Oops. :-) I will get on that.
I now have a large district. No longer a small one. Us, the Zone Leaders, and three other companionships. Lots bigger. I now have even less time than I did previously. 

One thing that is really nice about being a district leader? I get to have a phone. It makes life so much easier when you can text an investigator and confirm an appointment, or if you can call from anywhere and let someone know something. It would be tough being in a non-leadership position in the city, because you have no phone. I still hate texting with T9 though... Lol... I realize that I have always had a phone. My companion or myself has always been in a leadership position. Lol... I hope it stays that way. I don't want to have the trouble of getting in contact with people.

So! We had a conference with E. Oaks, E. Rasband, and E. Coset (French, said like Co say). And also the Pacific Area Presidency. It was really good. They have introduced something new into all missions! Sister Training Leaders. Very much like a Zone leader, but they look after only the sisters in their Zone/area thingy. The Lord already knew how to handle the tsunami of sisters (as E. Oaks put it.) We still haven't hit the huge amount of sisters in any mission yet. E. Oaks said that there is really going to be a Tsunami. Then he chuckled and said we need to follow E. Nelson's counsel and catch the wave. :-)

They spoke about many great things, and I can't, as it says in the Book of Mormon, include the 100th part. Lol... :-) But it was really good. He was very pleased with us. He mentioned that we were one of the best looking groups of missionaries that he had ever seen. Awesome. :-) He offered great advice. He listed 10 things from a talk by President Hinckley. 

10 Things to take home from your mission
1. A greater testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
2. An increased understanding of the gospel.
3. Love for the people of the area where you serve.
4. Increased love for your Mum and Dad.
5. Understanding of Hard work.
6. Understanding of the importance of personal virtue.
7. Increased Polish and Poise.
8. Courage to act.
9. Faith to try.
10. Humility to pray.
He, and many others, repeated many things. Always pray. Don't waste your time on a missionary. And be Full-purposed Preach My Gospel Missionaries.
Arohanui!
E. Staheli

Pictures
1. Jonelle and Keisha and my companion as we said goodbye. Keisha sneak-attack hugged me.

 

 2. Us and Bro MacDonald. A wonderful member always looking for ways to help us. A wonderful missionary in his own right.



3. Bro Hester and us. Bro Hester is the man. He wins the #1 Dad award in the world (after my dad of course.)



4. The Watene family. One of my favorite member families to ever work with.



5. The Te Kanawa/Kakau family. This photo was taken by Wero (see picture 6), so that's why it looks so crooked.



6. Wero. Yup. That's him.



7. The Finau family. Always willing to help us with anything and everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment