Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rain!!!!!! Jonelle & Keisha

Kia Ora!
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the [HUUUUUUUUGE amount of rain] which God hath prepared for them [in New Zealand]" (1 Cor 2:9... kinda. ;D). I have never seen so much rain in a couple of days in my life. 

Hawaii was kinda like this. But wow... Anywho, it's not too enjoyable to bike in the rain. It would be completely okay, but it seems to really want to rain hard. Also, no good to have soaking wet clothes. :-) We just barely got my companion a waterproof poncho thingy that he can use, because up until then, He didn't have one. So this is good. :-) 

Don't get me wrong, I love rain. It's just the getting soaking wet that I don't enjoy that much. Plus, nobody is outside/wants to stop and chat/wants to even grace the world with their presence. Lol... So, street contacting goes down the toilet. :-) To give you an example of how much harder the rain made it, we got 81 Talk With Everyone (unplanned times when we talk with people, either on the street, or at someone's house, or elsewhere.) this week compared to 121 last week. Lol... Goodness gracious. I wondered why NZ was so green. Because it rains in every season! Lol... It's nice though. :-) 

So, Jonelle and Keisha are set to be baptised on this Friday! They are doing really good! Keisha absolutely loved her first time at Primary. She made heaps of new friends. The same can be said for Jonelle in Relief Society. Wow. So, when we take brethren to priesthood, they don't make as many friends as the women do in relief society. She made like, 6 friends there. Women... I will never understand this concept. ;-)\

The thing that really "hooked" Jonelle was when we told her that she can feel the Holy Ghost always when she is baptized, as long as she keeps herself worthy. Her natural conclusion was that she needs to be baptized. Makes sense to me! She wants to be baptized, and it's really great to see the change that the gospel is making in her life. Just Think! What if E. Lee and I had not decided to go see the, who we thought was a, Less Active! We would never have met this golden investigator. She readily accepts what we say. She is elect. How do we know? "...mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;"

Transfers/Mission Conference is coming up here really soon. I wonder how this will go. I really hope that I don't get transferred, because then I won't be here when Jonelle is baptized. So, I am thinking positive thoughts. Lol...
Anyways, not much else to talk about. So, I believe that might be it.

Jokes!

They have these wonderful fruits here called Fejoas! They are amazing, and it they are obtainable in USA, I highly recommend looking for them. :-)

Love,
E. Staheli

No comments:

Post a Comment