Sunday, January 13, 2013

Concerning Transfers, Goodbye photos, prayers, New investigators, firesides, leadership, and mail service


It has been a good couple of days!!!
 
So, I got a call on Wednesday saying that for transfers, I was staying. I was thinking, why are the Assistants calling to tell me this? It's usually the Zone leaders. Well, my question was answered. They called me, on behalf of President Lekias, to be Senior companion with my new companion, E. Peni. 

So, after i recovered from shock, I felt unprepared, and I told them, but they told me the call came from the Lord. Also, I don't remember if I mentioned, but E. Ngalu is going back into the Tongan program to train again up in Auckland. East Tamaki in Otara in Auckland. Lol... So, we had heaps of goodbyes with lots of the members on Wednesday. Well, my new companion arrived. E. Peni is from Tahiti. Before i met him, I was in a Tripanionship with other Elders waiting for their companions as well.

E. Peni is the best. I am pretty sure I couldn't have asked for a better companion. I still wondered why on earth I was Senior companion, since E. Peni has been out almost 6x as long as I have. Lol... Oh well
Well, we got heaps of pictures with all of the families in the ward. I would send some pictures, but there's a lot of pictures  I'll send some today and some later. Or whatever.

Something that I thought was very interesting was brought up in Zone Training. Are we asking God questions? Or are we kind of passively asking Him to help us come to a conclusion? Well, it's much more effective to ask God, "Where should we go to find some people?" than to ask "Please help us to know where to go." I mean, they both do the same thing, but the former is the better choice, because that's what we should be doing. God wants us to ask Him questions.

So, Tash and Carl have officially become new investigators, along with her kids, Sarah-Jane and Emma, and Carl's friend Craig. A little bit about them. They were taught ages ago, and we've only just been able to start teaching them. They are very open. Craig was a Catholic, but really dislikes it because he says it's full of hypocrites, and so he distrusts big churches. Sarah-Jane was close to being baptized, but it's good she didn't because she wouldn't have had any family support, and she would've fallen away like so many of the kids without support do. Well, Tash and Carl are set to be married in November, but we want to try to work with them to get them married much sooner. The kids are all sweet, and Craig would just need to get married to his partner, Ellen. Hopefully that's not a problem. They "came" to church yesterday. I say "came" because they gapped it before the sacrament was passed because they felt really uncomfortable. They sat in the very front, and they couldn't figure out what the heck the sustaining stuff was. So, we went to see them after church and talked about it. They would feel more comfortable with friends, and in a smaller class, like the Gospel Principles class. So, they'll be coming to that until they feel comfortable coming to big congregations.

We had a fireside/devotional last Sunday that I forgot to write about. It was good. It was on the Plan of Salvation, with narration and with musical items between each narration. I sang I am a Child of God with Reiani. She was pretty angry with me for making her sing with me in front of heaps of people. She still says she's mad at me. Lol... She is a fiery ball of indignation... It was a really great success, and we really appreciated all of the help from the members.

Ha! So, I thought becoming senior companion was really weird. On Friday morning, I get a call from President. I thought that maybe he was calling in regards to something I had emailed him about, but he asks me: "Were you watching E. Ngalu as the district leader?" I had no idea where he was going with that. Well, he extended the call to me to be a District leader. Lol... Awesome... I hope that I don't do too badly. E. Peni is really helpful, and I really think that we are going to have HEAPS of success! :-) He's a great missionary, and I'm excited to be his companion.

To Bethany: I don't know why you wouldn't be getting my letters. But, apparently you aren't... Hopefully you have started receiving them by now, since my knowledge is something like 25 days old anyways... Lol... The mail here is awesome... It takes something like 10 days to get to USA, but double or more that to get back to me. Whatever... I'll survive.

Butter Chicken is amazing. If you ever get to go to a Indian food place, get butter chicken. It's amazing! :-D

Aroha nui!

E. Staheli

No comments:

Post a Comment